Equipment for coating thermos
- Thermos (you can choose the size you want)
- Resin color/alcohol paint/marble effect spray (as you like)
- Sand/glitter for decoration (as you like)
- Barbecue grill
- A long stick or an iron rod
- Plastic glass (should be the same size as the thermos)
- PET tape
- Epoxy resin (from Easy Resin)
Let’s start with the ocean pattern!
1. Put a steel rod or a long stick on the barbecue grill.
Then put a prepared plastic glass on the other side of the rod, then put the thermos over the plastic glass, and use PET tape to block the edge of the thermos to prevent it from getting the resin.
2. Scrub the gloss of the thermos surface with sandpaper. This helps the epoxy resin adhere to the surface better.
Mix the resin in the needed proportion and divide it into the plastic as the amount of the desired color. Today, we have a clear sky, clear blue, solid blue, and solid white. (If you want glitter, it can be added at this step.)
After that, you can start pouring resin in the pattern that you like.
3. When the resin is poured all over the thermos, let it rest for about 5 minutes for the resin to set into a gel-like form. After that, you can get rid of the air bubbles by using the blowtorch.
Wait for 1-2 hours, then remove the PET tape attached to the edge of the thermos (it must be removed while the resin is still sticky because once it is completely dry, it cannot be removed).
4. Leave it for 15–24 hours until it is completely dry, and it is now ready to use.
Now let’s do the thermos with an alcohol ink pattern.
1. Use PET tape to block the edge of the thermos to prevent it from After that, scrub the surface of the thermos with sandpaper, then spray paint (matte black).
Then wait for it to dry for one to two hours. Once the spray paint is dry, put the thermos on the prepared rotating device (barbecue machine), then pour the resin while letting the machine rotate to coat the thermos.
2. Drop the alcohol ink as you like.
Once the resin gets sticky, you can use a blowtorch to remove air bubbles and leave it for 1-2 hours, then remove the PET tape that was pasted.
3. Let it harden for 15–24 hours until the resin is completely dry.
Easy Tips: You should let the machine rotate constantly until the resin is dry, because stopping the machine can cause the resin to drip into clumps.
Next, we are going to create a gold glitter pattern thermos!
1. Use the PET tape to block the edge of the thermos and put it into the rotating device.After that, spread the latex glue all over and pour the golden glitter on the latex glue. Pour the resin while letting the machine spin to coat the thermos completely.
2. Leave the resin sticky for about 5 minutes, then use a blowtorch to remove the air bubbles. After 1-2 hours, gently pull off the PET.
3. Leave it for 15–24 hours until the resin is completely dry.
Let’s create a marble effect thermos!
1. Use PET tape to block the edge of the thermos to prevent it from After that, scrub the surface with sandpaper. Then use marble effect spray (silver) to spray all over the thermos.
2. Mix the pearl glitter into the resin that we mixed and stir until it is well combined. Then pour the resin over the thermos completely.
3. Leave the resin sticky for about 5 minutes, then use a blowtorch to remove air bubbles. After 1-2 hours, gently pull off the PET tape.
4. Leave it for 15–24 hours until the resin is completely dry.
Last one! Let’s make a galaxy-patterned thermos.
1. Use PET tape to block the edge of the thermos to prevent resin and mix metallic color with glitter as you like. Today, we use purple, red, and blue.
2. Put the thermos into the prepared rotating device and pour each color of resin onto the thermos.
3. Leave the resin to get sticky for about 5 minutes, then use the blowtorch to remove the air bubbles. After 1-2 hours, gently pull off the PET.
4. Leave it for 15-24 hours until the resin is completely dry.
You can see our how-to video at >> https://youtu.be/mCjl7G_Ed38