Positive Feedbacks Over 25,000 Reviews
What is Resin ?
Resin can be divided into 2 categories. Natural resin, or as well-known “Amber”, and “Synthetic resin” (widely used nowadays), which results from the use of chemicals in production. Synthetic resin can be divided into 2 other types as follows:
1. Thermoplastic: a type of plastic that melts when heated and solidifies when cooled. can be recycled, such as plastic water bottles.
2. Thermoset: a plastic that must be mixed with hardener to solidify, and when it is hardened, it cannot be melted again, such as a resin phone case. There are 3 types of Thermoset :
- Polyester: such as fiber parts on boats or cars.
- Epoxy: suitable for table coating and various furniture projects.
- Polyurethane : such as the foam in the cushion or the black parts behind the pickup trucks.